IntroductionThis lab is focused on understanding how container images are built, tagged, organized and leveraged to deliver software in a range of use cases.
By the end of this lab you should be able to:
- Internalize the difference between base images and multi-layered images
- Understand the full URL to an image/repository
- Command a complete understanding of what is inside of a container image
- Image Layers and Repositories: inspecting base images, layers and history
- Image URLs: Mapping business requirements to the URL, Namespace, Repository and Tag
- Image Internals: Inspecting the libraries, interpreters, and operating system components in a container image